Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Computer problems

Not applicable
I have a problem with my account. The prices showing as the previous closing prices are as at Thursday 26 March 2015 and not at Friday 27 March 2015. The result is that the "today's movement Profit/loss" figures are horribly distorted. I have sent an email to OST with no reply and have spoken to the Call Centre where I was told that I must click on "live" to get the current position. But each time I do, I get charged for doing so. I have not had this problem before and when I ask to speak to the IT Department, I am ignored. Has anyone else got this problem?
8 REPLIES 8
logotino
Contributor
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
Agree ...not ideal !
samoa
Super Contributor
Same here... I keep on clicking till I get a figure I like,then stop.
Russ
Super Contributor
Doctor,I keep getting this feeling that everyone ignores me. "Next,please!"
jaj
Frequent Contributor
Something is horribly wrong. At approximately 14h00 I noticed that the VLE share was reflected on my home page as R4.00. I knew that the price in the morning changed to R4.25. I phoned the call centre and they where not aware of the problem. I then did a trade of R1000 VLE at R4.25 and although the trade was confirmed by email the price still did not change. This morning the price on my homepage is now R4.25 but the trade is not reflected on the quote page. I complained to the call centre yesterday that I do not trust the share prices on this site and when I do need a price for a trade I first have to check if the prices are correct on Moneyweb. Also the Anglo and BHP Billiton prices where negative when they where in fact positive. How are we supposed to trade properly?
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
Somebody fro SBG should answer this post immediately as they are sure to have read it..Come on guys......
barry_1
Super Contributor
I've noticed that when the market closes, then only do prices seem haywire! As the days total gain drops does the overall gain seem to rise ! It's been like this for at least the last five trading days.
Bouwer
Super Contributor
I for one have been looking for another broker for some time now.. This is kinda ridiculous!!