Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

DBX WORLD and EURO

warhippo
Super Contributor
boing. You open an off shore trading account (I use TD Ameritrade in US) and that could be your "only" trading acc. You can buy any stock (mostly US though) and most ETF's through this platform. $10 per trade of any amount.
warhippo
Super Contributor
Apologies. I now see boing your question directed to skaaptjop, but would be nice to know his take.
boing
Frequent Contributor
No problem, thanks warhippo. So if I have an offshore account that I cannot trade with, then I guess I must open a trading account similar to yours, transfer some of my offshore money there and start trading on that overseas platform.
warhippo
Super Contributor
Yes, thats about it. Identify a/your trading platform overseas (not a South African one, ha, ha) Start with by sending them mail about what is available on their platform(s)and costs etc.(available on Google though)They usually very helpful. Good luck
Not applicable
@boing, Warhippo's advise is spot on, I would also recommend TDAmeritrade. The way to go for sure.
boing
Frequent Contributor