Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Eclectic Brands

Not applicable
Where can one buy Eclectic Brands before they list on 25 March. Is OST going to offer its customers the opportunity to buy pre-listing?
11 REPLIES 11
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
...there is an announcement today (on special announcements) about what to do
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hmmm, expensive on historic PE of 40 and forward PE around 15 assuming the J curve really does kick in on day one of listing ?!
Not applicable
Thanks guys, I'm going with the old school evaluation method which usually works for me. Do I like the brands they own? Will majority of South Africans afford there products? They seems to be the middle/lower range franchises that cater for segment below Famous Brands target market. I'm taking a punt on Famous Brands eventually pricing themselves out of the affordability range of many South Africans. Maybe these guys can grab that market. Everyone needs to eat Fast Food!!
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you betting FBR will price themselves out of their core market ?! with respect more chance of the money being paid back ..
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
Thanks Simon.... This sector continues to fascinate me... Some interesting developments: - Steers must be getting pounded from all the competitor activity..pricing out of line...burgers seem "processed" (still the best chips)..slow. Mac's seem to get better and better. Burger King gets rave reviews - Debonairs: Very "industrialised" process creates gaps for all the "original" woodfire co's. The pricing in this category is becoming more ruthless day by day. Romans offers 2 Large Pizza for R99! (certain days). - Wimpy still great but missing a huge opportunity to improve its coffee image / range - The likes of my Kwikspar/PnP/Checkers continue to improve their take-away options...not quite aspirational but 1/2 the price. They have long queue's....all sorts of consumers. They will drive this sector as a loss leader which will really pressurise the traditional outlets. - The multi-outlet options where FB lines up 3-4 brands with some "shared services" is starting to confuse consumers...this is dangerous territory for the individual brands - Spur...wow...the pricing has crept up but the kids thing works! - Seldom see a franchise owner at any of these stores ....sad as that is the "heart" of why they used to work so well. Anyway - still enjoy them all! Great to see a new listed CO in the territory
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it has a good chance of popping on IPO, the R50k minimum will keep many smaller guys out and that could help the pop even more
klapka
Super Contributor
Nine Brands, eight I have never heard of. I rarely use fast food places but would still have expected to have tripped over some of their offerings? Not for me right now.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an now they have cancelled the listing, or at least delayed it until further notice
rsalie
Super Contributor
Is there an official release of this somewhere? Also, heard that guys on the FNB platform was offered 25K (as a minimum).
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
a press release was sent out, an yes FNB offered R25k minimum
rsalie
Super Contributor
Why would this be different from Std Bank (which was 50K)?