Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Favorite small Cap

Bouwer
Super Contributor
What is your favorite small cap and do you own it and reasons if there are? I own Santova at the moment. Good management, great acquisitions and diversifying outside of local market. International fuel prices should help them allot. A bit concerned about the local market though, but exports should be picking up USD/ZAR rates.
18 REPLIES 18
Rovert
Super Contributor
Blik
Super Contributor
Fav in my portfolio is Compuclear...great div, good management, simple financials....just poor liquidity
eric13
Contributor
Mix telematics, Good management. Been a bit slow in USA resulting in a good buying opportunity.. so letÂ’s see this year.
AP
Regular Contributor
Anchor. Great results to date. Strong future potential
Vince888
Regular Contributor
This is a tough one. I currently hold 3 in my portfolio. SNV, ADI. Good management and Unique product/service offerings. Hold ACG as well. Love their investment philosophy and has good management. Pays dividends in its first year of listing.
klapka
Super Contributor
I am quite partial to QFH at present. Reason? It is up 27% since I bought 6 weeks ago.
EkisDoep
Frequent Contributor
Taste. Best performer in my portfolio for the last 2 years. Good management. The competition is getting tougher though.
Rams
Super Contributor
Will be looking to build a portfolio this year. Look at Financial Mail picks for 2015: http://www.financialmail.co.za/coverstory/2015/01/08/small-caps-stock-picks-for-2015
Bouwer
Super Contributor
Got in my portfolio a well.. Thinking of accumulating more but the price pushing up so much....
Bouwer
Super Contributor
Which ones do you own though?
Rams
Super Contributor
fressa
Regular Contributor
CVN, SNV, TOR, AVL, CGR - have held these for a couple of years. Bought RLF and ELI recently
Cedric_1
Contributor
only SNV and TOR at present. Looking to extend but limit my exposure in this field
Bouwer
Super Contributor
ACG flirting with the R10.00 mark and Santova with the R3.00 mark..
am_1
Frequent Contributor
Chopchop
Contributor
I like and own CGR, RLF, TOR, TAS, SNV, RBA, TTO and CND. At the current prices I'm adding to SNV, TTO and CND.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
At the risk of sounding as despondent as I feel - I am struggling to find any reason to invest in South African small caps whatsoever. The risks are so profound that they militate against investing regardless of any items accruing to them on the credit side of the analysis... labour, taxes power, water, currency collapse, inflation, unemployment, crime, incompetence in regulatory administration. Then there are the political threats. As much as it pains me admit it, usually they (however "they" are) are right... ie. trade/invest with the momentum.
Pepi
Regular Contributor
THRESHOLD - You once had a strong opinion wrt EQS and if I recall, in your words more or less - "you won't recognize EQS in a few years time". ?