Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Favorites: Shares, ETF's, ETN's, etc

Not applicable
Good morning everyone Would anyone like to share their favorite shares, ETF's, ETN's, etc? Long or short term
8 REPLIES 8
Freelander
Occasional Contributor
I think Std Bank does not allow us to share shares?
Not applicable
Blik
Super Contributor
Unless there is something I am missing here regards sharing favourite shares, lots of people have proffered their favourite shares on the forum....mine include SPP, DSY, CVN, DST, BTI - all holding for the long term. ETFs for me are DBX EU, DBX US and DBX WD
Not applicable
koos2
Super Contributor
partridge
Super Contributor
This is rather like asking what is your favorite music? It all depends. Are you looking for an income or capital growth or both( etc.) What is clear(?) to me is that the current volatility is such that even bargains could be bigger bargains - or disasters! So while I am sorely tempted to fill my boots with certain counters who are looking el cheeeepo in the extreme , prudence dictates that it would be better to wait for a bottom to emerge and only then to buy. What for example is the point of buying a counter where you know or suspect that the lads are going to (or might have to) recapitalize - "Favorites" when it comes to shares is probably a dangerous label. My best advice on this whole issue is simple: NEVER have favorites. That in the amended words of a great judge is to allow fate to put the largest possible shovel into your store of coal..
Not applicable
Thanks Im lookin for bought growth and income with hopefully minimum losses I know there will always be losses at some point But the less the better
orange68
Super Contributor
wouldn't a strategy help first? if you have a strategy you will develop a selection criteria. even if you buy good shares at the wrong price its going to bite