Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Finance minister fired

am_1
Frequent Contributor
Here we go.....what a "st.....up". The ANC is running out of money, fire the finance minister to earn cash through a middle man on the SAA/Boeing deal and fill the coffers. The new man van Rooyen will definitely shoot the lights out with his "hunting" skills and diplomas.
17 REPLIES 17
davy101
Contributor
Galuc
Super Contributor
Today we bleed! Some more
BullsnBears
Contributor
Where are the optimists now? The warning signs have been there for a long time. Anybody who still thinks this country will survive under this ANC is deluded.
Galuc
Super Contributor
Watch how the stop losses kick in resulting in a flurry of sell offs only too find a recovery by the end of the day. I speak from experience! Note to self: this market is not for sissies
striker
Super Contributor
The Zuma wrecking ball in full swing again. S.A has been going down the drain ever since he hi-jacked the ANC - leaving the country was one of my best moves.
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
A nibble at the banks?
davy101
Contributor
Do you think they can close the gap?
davy101
Contributor
Do you think they can close the gap?
BullsnBears
Contributor
If you don't mind me asking where did you move to and how difficult was the process?
BullsnBears
Contributor
If you don't mind me asking where did you move to and how difficult was the process?
Rovert
Super Contributor
why are the banks tanking today?
davy101
Contributor
steve_1
Frequent Contributor
Jacob is a politician....not a business man.....hehehe
striker
Super Contributor
I was born in and lived in S.A. until I left in 2012. Fortunately I hold a British passport and have moved to the UK. The difference between a first and a third world country are stark - every thing works well here and continues to do so. Sure there are issues but on balance (weather aside ) it's a good place to live.
Not applicable
this is not a matter of stops kicking in. This is a sustained selloff - and will get worse when the US markets open, IMO. With global markets poised for downturns - Japan in recession - I think we are in for a big down move. Zuma's move has all but wiped out investor confidence here - and institutions are offloading fast and furiously. Watch the rand, it tells you everything you need to know about capital flight. SA Inc has just stepped over the cliff and heading into oblivion. Eish!
Cedric_1
Contributor
Its not helping my pension when converted to sterling though . Living costs were already ± double when we moved 3 years back and now its only getting worse
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Thank goodness never took a nibble, would have got badly bitten. This is getting crazy.