Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Foreign currency

eric13
Contributor
Hi Guys, travailing overseas in 2 weeks time, what would be the best option for foreign currency (cash) Getting the currency here or from local ATMÂ’s using my debit/credit card in the specific countries visiting. Countries visiting Dubia, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia and Greece Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
samoa
Super Contributor
Standard Bank Travel Wallet. Get info on the web/branch
Luqmaanm
New Contributor

i needed foreign currency, is the tavel wallet better or credit card, if so charges on credit card for swiping and changing of currency

Luqmaanm
New Contributor
i wanted foreign currency for travelling, is the travel wallet better or credit card , if so charges on credit cards
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @Luqmaanm.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Please click the link below for additional information on our travel wallet.

https://www.standardbank.co.za/southafrica/personal/learn/different-ways-to-pay-on-holiday

We have a variety of credit cards to select from, each with its own set of features. The link below will take you to our website where you may look at our credit cards.

https://www.standardbank.co.za/southafrica/personal/products-and-services/bank-with-us/credit-cards/...

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Team Standard Bank

Hawk
Contributor
Just use local ATM's with a couple of dollars as backup. Best conversion rate as well.
Rovert
Super Contributor
Travel wallets are rubbish, just use our ATM card
wetta
Contributor
I use my credit card to withdraw cash overseas. About R44 each time one withdraw but at least one won't get ripped off trying to exchange ZAR for another currency at our local banks
Shiraz
New Contributor
Thanks for the info Guys. Will go the credit card route.
Shiraz
New Contributor
Thanks for the info Guys. Will go the credit card route.
Rams
Super Contributor
Also used my credit card when I went to US in December..had cash, and travelwallet aslo. Credit card worked out better.