Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

HEDGING

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
And back into my BANK shorts and take back some SASOL shorts. This is getting dangerous - somebody say something to stop me!
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
For a change I got it right, so going to pocket some profit before you pocket yours,:)
Rams
Super Contributor
Ja Thresh, dont put more bread into a broken toaster....burn
Russ
Super Contributor
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The cure for this bug (which bites every now and again) is a big loss... while one's perennial favourites break out without them.. leaving one clutching one's head and reciting the "all I had to do was sit tight" mantra!
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Trust you got shot of those shorts, no suntan lotion would cure those banking burns, as for me nice to see a colour other than red these last few days as my NED,FSR & SLM are dark green
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Y. SASOL hurt. The banks went well. Cleared all of my USD holdings a couple of days ago too!
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Actually went long BGA when the rumours of PIC getting involved began to surface. Sold them too soon though. But oh well...
Rams
Super Contributor
are you planning on lining up more shorts with this green move..
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Watching. I hate shorts! I am never comfortable with them! They scare me - and this last little experience did nothing to cure that phobia. The market showed all the signs of breaking down - then up, up and away.. I would rather focus on clapped-out value stocks. I have taken a slew of AGL, KIO, IMP, LON - pretty much at the bottom (got it right finally.) Half shares / half CFD's. I'll trade the CFD positions to reduce my carrying cost or die trying anyway.
Rams
Super Contributor
KIO, you have some company...best hedge, short MSM soon
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Careful! - Is the USD comes off:- little or no US inflation, so slower/no US rate hikes and lack of local US growth - the emerging market story will be (is?) back on stage for a while. MSM, the banks etc. will become potential takeover targets. I wouldn't want to be short in that environment...