Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I just have one question to all the resource commodity bears.

Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
Guys, everyone is trading their belief about the market. I firmly believe that Kio is holding some poker cards. Kio will not go burst.This market is filled with investments opportunities.If you do not like Kio then invest in MTA.
G_V_V
Super Contributor
No I am inquiring to see if all your education has only led you to use it to bring a country's reputation to junk status, by jumping on the bandwagon of a share's down trend no matter the consequences. If enough traders gang up together they can do this unloving deed to any country, just for the sake of enriching themselves. This greed however can backfire and destroy everything including themselves in the process. With education come responsibility, responsibility for one another. Selfishness has no part in education only in destruction. Peace not pieces.
G_V_V
Super Contributor
Some have good intentions and some have not, which one have you?
Preston
Super Contributor
I am in Kio corner. G V V , my intention to therefore good.
Preston
Super Contributor
I am in Kio corner. G V V , my intention to therefore good.
G_V_V
Super Contributor
Costs are R280 per ton Revenue is R587 per ton at R38.66 per ton and exchange rate R15.20 Profit equals R307 For the last six months it made an earning of R7.80 per share from a profit of R420 per ton so R307 equals an earnings per share of R5.70 so for a year it is R11.40 at a PE of 10 the share price should be R114.00
G_V_V
Super Contributor
The 38.66 I mentioned above is in $ not rands.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Yet KUMBA herself claims that she is going to try to achieve a breakeven cost of $40 per ton... so R600 odd. So one must assume it is higher than that now. According to KUMBA, she is running out of waste to process cheaply too. Be carefully of working above the line. You need to know her costing methodology. Below the line is opaque enough, but at least you are working towards an "all-in" profit figure.
G_V_V
Super Contributor
How one reads the financial is of importance I am not going to argue as to our individual interpretation of them.
Hali
Super Contributor
I look at commodities prices as being manipulated by the commodity consumer countries. They benefit and the commodity rich countries are struggling. The demand figures are being relayed to us by these consumer countries. How are we to know that these are in fact correct. It is in there interest to manipulate these figures in order to keep the underlying commodities price low. There economies boom bcoz fuel etc is cheaper. Now how can we allow this? We need to come off these commodity markets and price at a cost plus mark up.. The president is already talking about this.. I am in agreement.
Hali
Super Contributor
Then you get the economists saying that should we do this the west will impose sanctions. So they put a gun to your head and force u to sell them your valuable commidity at a loss. This markets have been created to protect the countries that consume resources and to limit the upside for the countries that possess resources. Wake up people.. see the light
Hali
Super Contributor
Then you get the economists saying that should we do this the west will impose sanctions. So they put a gun to your head and force u to sell them your valuable commidity at a loss. This markets have been created to protect the countries that consume resources and to limit the upside for the countries that possess resources. Wake up people.. see the light
Hali
Super Contributor
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
cost plus mark up .. as is Marx, this is central theme to the communist manifesto ..
G_V_V
Super Contributor
This country is excellent in downing tools, slow production for the price to rise or build stock and store it but slow sales to increase prices.
G_V_V
Super Contributor
You may ask who will buy the stock at forwardly higher prices to sell later at a profit from even higher prices? Anyone willing to take the risk, especialy Government who have a duty to provide the enviroment and the conditions to provide jobs to its people, and who can take the advantage of borrowing money at a lower interest from the same countries who are driving the commodity prices down to suit themselves.
G_V_V
Super Contributor
It's amazing how quickly bears can grow horns, and what's even more amazing is how quickly they forget what their reasoning was when they were bearish, schizophrenic mentality, they forget what garbage they said and are too afraid to say anything against the trend, especially those fund managers who act like sheep on TV programs not willing to stick their neck out. Kio suddenly back over $60 share price should be over R200. Those who thought gold was a barbaric relic are suddenly falling over their feet trying to buy it. LOL