Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Illovo

Riyaadhkhan
New Contributor
Just want to find out. ABF have made an offer of R25/share to acquire the remaining Illovo shares.The transaction is to be facilitated by means of a scheme arrangement or by means of a general offer by ABF (if the scheme offer fails). Can someone help me with regards to what does this really mean ? If i own shares at the moment in Illovo what does it mean ? Thanks for the help
4 REPLIES 4
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
Hopefully you didn't pay R30 a few years ago? If you got them for R15 recently take the offer....
Russ
Super Contributor
No offence mullet, but as a general rule I don't take advice from a fish.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you will be asked to vote on the deal, if majority vote yes you will sell your shares at R25
Not applicable
A bad deal, IMO. At R25 a share, they are paying around 1.5* the fixed asset value of a revenue generating asset. There is a reason they are doing this. Illovo owns around 64k hectares of land in one of the few environments globally of producing food on the scales needed to feed a global population. Just sugar alone is an industry where demand is set to outstrip supply. This is a strategic asset being 'colonised' for lack of a better description (although some would argue that Illovo colonised the land in the first place -:). They are getting this at beat down prices thanks to a drought (which is seasonal and likely to end soon)