Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Intrinsic Value

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Nonsense! I made no assumptions. I SAID T-R-A-D-E the Rand. I said I would not go L-O-N-G the Rand! You assume too much! Crashes are a statistical abberation and MUST be discarded regarded in collecting you sample data. You set your standard deviation levels...no? Re-write that rule book if you like. Technicals are fine as long as they remain relevant (remember that market crash data that you didn't want to discard.) You are not a hedge fund manager (phew!) and now that you mention it... why are all of those hedge fund managers not investing in South Africa? Clearly you could teach those silly "fundamentalists" a thing or two about their trade.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
BTW - I made a comment on the long term direction of the Rand and you responded that I was wrong - so now that you mention it - you did come out in support of the Rand on an investment basis! Interesting...