Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

KIO

Rovert
Super Contributor
Whats up with KIO today? Anyone have a link to a site to see the latest Iron Ore price?
12 REPLIES 12
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Latest price action through news links otherwise you have to subscribe. If you search for the terms used in their internal feeds - you can usually find the price reproduced elsewhere on the net.
Rovert
Super Contributor
great thanks ya'll
TheInvestor
Contributor
Iron ore prices have held up well in H1 2016, with futures pointing to more upside. This, together with a weak Rand and managements commitment to reduce costs means that we may see very positive half yearly results. IMO
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
why cant I go short on kio?? not accepting
TheInvestor
Contributor
You can't short CFD, but you can short on SSF.
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
can you short on angcfd??
Rovert
Super Contributor
yes....at your own peril
Russ
Super Contributor
Flyguy, go to "Quick find" at the top of this page and select cfd. Then in the next box key in angcfd, then click trade. The trade page will then tell you how many you can go long and how many you can go short (if any).
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
Thanks Russ, Markets seem to have stabilized after the whole brexit.. looks like we making highs now
TheInvestor
Contributor
What are the KIO shareholders thoughts on an interim dividend? No dividend paid out last year; good potential upside from saving on controllable expenses; sales price per ton (in ZAR) was probably about 11% - 15% higher than 2015; some non-controllable expense fell their way (i.e. oil); strong net debt position (possible net cash position in H1 2016). Big question mark around the outcome of the tax investigation... Based on my assumptions, I get EPS for H1 2016 of between R9.00 and R12.00. Note these are my assumptions/observations based on the 2015 annual report. Would be interesting to hear other peoples views?