Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Kio

AP
Regular Contributor
Still don't see the benefit of investing now in a stock that is still sliding or in the best case going side ways (irrespective of a 15-20 year horizon). Rather let the money grow in other stocks while waiting for commodities to turn. By the time commodities start turning you may have doubled your money already (and buy double the volume if you are after volume). Do yourself a favor and plot commodity stocks against other stock (e.g. WHL, MDC, etc.) and let the charts convince you. After this if you still want to buy KIO or other commodities I suggest that you go and see the doctor first...
Preston
Super Contributor
AP, there are many strategies one can use to play a volatile stock. Why now? Simply there are plenty of shorts on this stock. Any good news can send this stock spiralling upward. I love the management team.
Preston
Super Contributor
AP, there are many strategies one can use to play a volatile stock. Why now? Simply there are plenty of shorts on this stock. Any good news can send this stock spiralling upward. I love the management team.
AP
Regular Contributor
Preston, in terms of trading it may work, but I will not by KIO as part of my investing strategy.
Preston
Super Contributor
AP
Regular Contributor
One may make money in short term trading, but for long term investing there are many other stocks that will outperform KIO, especially taking into account that other shares will rise while KIO is still sliding downwards. Why buying & loosing now when one can make money in the interim (months/years?) waiting for KIO to turn?
Plonky
Super Contributor
I must agree here.... The way KIO is going you will probably pick it up for R75 in two months time... then maybe you can buy lots... perhaps not now..