Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Live share prices should be FREE of charge on SBK OST

Vince888
Regular Contributor
Hey Samoa, How do you pay R125 for admin fees plus easy trader monthly. I pay R195
cabb
Occasional Contributor
This site is a tool, sometimes tools need to be resharpened. Live prices is crucial for trading. Free live prices will cause more users of this platform. Maybe someone should forward this request to the relevant people.
samoa
Super Contributor
Vince,see their fee's under the help heading.(copied below) Monthly Account Maintenance Fee Your first calendar month is free. For 3 or more trades in a calendar month no account maintenance fee is payable. For 2 or less trades per month the account maintenance fee is R70 (incl. VAT) per month which covers the cost of access to the site, limited live prices and safe custody fees for your shares. Brokerage Rate Internet Placed Trades Brokerage is charged at a flat rate of 0.5% with a R70 minimum plus VAT and Securities Transfer Tax (STT) at 0.25%. There is a STRATE fee of 0.005459% based on the value of the share transaction with a minimum of R11.58 for trades with a value up to R200 000 and a maximum of R57.87 for trades with a value over R1 million. An investor protection levy of 0.0002% applies to all trades.
kwagga
Super Contributor
SBK OST was ahead of the curve in 2005, but 10 years on I'm afraid others have caught up with a better value proposition.
Vypir
Contributor
Every provider has different pricing structures - PSG will for instance charge R100 minimum for EVERY trade, which will make it seriously expensive for my strategy. For someone else, though, it might work out cheaper than OST. R125 for the Easy trader seems pretty fair to me with all the prices live. I'd rather complain about the EasyTrader application: The application needs to be trashed never spoken of again and a rewrite is seriously necessary. But the new phone App is quite good.
orange68
Super Contributor
Best ideal solution is to get IG's charting platform and OST's website layout options... or for OST to go with IRESS trader. they world class charting platforms atleast i think IG's is.3 trades and its free. ONLY reason i stay with OST is because of CFDs @ R57 bucks inc vat & the order page is linked to your balance showing exactly how many cfds you can buy. theres no percentage of this amount etc its flat R57.
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
Absolutely If I buy and own something I feel I am entitled to know its price and not a delayed price...Imagine shopping at a store and they say they will bill u in 15 minutes when the prices could be different............
Bouwer
Super Contributor
The website/server is updated with live prices from the JSE, not each clients computer gets updated with the prices so.. In the greater scale of things, charging 9c to get a live price is probably not that much and is probably very little to most of the persons in the forum, but my personal feeling is that OST clients get very little in the form of support, charting and downtime (easy trader). At the end of the day it is the little things that count.
orange68
Super Contributor
charge me R150 monthly for a complete live pricing package and even R50 monthly management fee waived if 3 trades are made. even at R200 per month im happy knowing 3 things... i can see my up to date balances and trades instantly @ any point in time day or night.....im able to use the platform and website without hassle.....and lastly as mentioned above the support. i say this merely in comparison but if IG can have a website thats never "down" and a platform like theirs, if sanlam can have iress trader that does its job well then i dont mind paying for that quality