Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTN below R115

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
as more corporate troubles hit them ..
43 REPLIES 43
suki
Super Contributor
and still they don't publish
Hali
Super Contributor
Tax is a ordinary course of business.. It doesn't require special sens announcements.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sure, but cheating on tax ??
Preston
Super Contributor
Yet another company that wants to funds its fiscal budgets.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
but why does MTN keep making it easy for them ??
Preston
Super Contributor
I am going to buy MTN at this price, cos the charge is BullS**t. The auditor did sign off the report.
Preston
Super Contributor
I am going to buy MTN at this price, cos the charge is BullS**t. The auditor did sign off the report.
kwagga
Super Contributor
MTN is a poorly run company. That much is sure.
Preston
Super Contributor
@kwagga, it is also a case of kicking a person when he is down.
Preston
Super Contributor
Ramp up your oil production Cameroon.
Rams
Super Contributor
Would you buy if management changed? Or still wait for oil price uptick?
AJT
Super Contributor
a thought: MTN potential buyout target???
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
lol, I'd sell you mine, but I have none
Rams
Super Contributor
not in the real sense of a buyout, Warren Buffet would be positioning himself to be a major shareholder at around R60 odd, then he would go about changing management and he would go on CNN announcing his purchase, announce the new management team, and call the bottom in oil. MTN will be abck at R250.
Hali
Super Contributor
At a price of R112, MTN has a market cap of R215BN. Just Nigeria contributes R16bn earnings post tax. If Nigeria was the sole income contributor than that would be on a PE of +-13.5. That's way under VOD currently and we ignoring the fact that Nigeria is 37% of this giant and not 100%. MTN offers massive value anyway you look at it
Russ
Super Contributor
The way I look at it Mr. Market doesn't agree with you, and that's all that matters.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
huge difference, VOD has not been getting into trouble every which way . MTN has a long history of this that goes back ay before Nigeria ..
bigger point is that if you trading this, thn ignore the fundamentals and valuations and focus on price, the trend is down so the right trade is short until the trend turns up (not a blip, but a real turn) .. Don't try and call bottoms ..
Hali
Super Contributor
I am medium to long term so the market is just noise on a daily basis. Lets talk in a month..
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
a month is short term, heck for me 3 years is short term ..