Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MTN below R115

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an you may be right price wise .. but this is the same argument I had with Preston last year when it was R160 .. I don't buy second rate management and I certainly do not buy dodge management .. but many do and will, that's totally their right .. an even second rate and / or dodge management can make profit and shares can go higher .. but I don't care, I don't buy them ..
Hali
Super Contributor
I am confident that it will be over R140 next month..
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Hali
Super Contributor
I respect and commend your insistence on good corporate governance. I want a good spouse but I don't marry the company.I am in it for returns and if the management makes a few blunders on the way to deliver these returns I am willing to forgive.
Hali
Super Contributor
I respect and commend your insistence on good corporate governance. I want a good spouse but I don't marry the company.I am in it for returns and if the management makes a few blunders on the way to deliver these returns I am willing to forgive.
Preston
Super Contributor
@SimonB Are you not a momentum trader/investors? So , if by default a company share price fall due to poor earning or poor management, you will not touch it,
Hali
Super Contributor
The tax allegation was baseless yesterday.. The company wasn't even aware of a claim against it. The media is blowing things out of proportion and jumping on the Nigeria story to undermine MTN management. Nigeria was a massive blunder that should have been avoided but to say the company is worthless because of it is insane.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nobody saying the share is worthless .. just useless management
partridge
Super Contributor
I agree with Simon. If you go to the World's largest covered bazaar in Istanbul you can buy gold jewelry there at prices which are probably + 25% up on the value of the metal included. How do you know its actually the karatage indicated? Well if just one trader there sold you something faux then the whole market collapses. So you can trust what you buy to be what it says it is. But Mtn ARE not to be trusted because they have broken the fundamental rule of trust on a number of occasions - and until there is evidence of a strong turn in declared corporate culture - I don't have this share as an investment grade holding.
Rams
Super Contributor
The CEO was fired...that counts for something. Anyway, i still think the MTN price is reflecting the oil price...
Preston
Super Contributor
Well done MTN. Play hardball and let their fiscal suffer. After 2 month go back to court and delay the proceedings.
JulzM
Regular Contributor
Seems like a great short at current levels?
Preston
Super Contributor
Go for the short.
Hali
Super Contributor
Shorting at this level is ridiculous.. all the negativity is priced in..I cant see it going lower
Preston
Super Contributor
I am long MTN. If he want to short, then so be it. All his action does, is push the share price higher.
JulzM
Regular Contributor
Oil price gain was a dead cat bounce. Watch how the oil price is already crashing right now ...
Hali
Super Contributor
The oil price is down 3%..MTN up.. Just be careful with the shorts at depressed levels you can crash and burn
Hali
Super Contributor
The oil price is down 3%..MTN up.. Just be careful with the shorts at depressed levels you can crash and burn
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
Mtn on my homepage says up 10.7%, but on my Easy Trader it says up 2.2 %....Can we not rely on these figures to be correct from Standard online?
Russ
Super Contributor
I think this site has not updated and is working on Thursday's close, not Friday's.