Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MY TOP 4 LONG TERM STOCKS TO RIDE FOR 2015 AND 2016

Not applicable
BRAIT MMI HOLDINGS CAPITEC STEINHOFF PUT SOME MONEY THERE FOR YOUR LONG TERM GOALS based on my recomendation, if you add this 4 stocks to your portfolio for the next 2 years, you will achieve 100% growth date 25/06/2015
16 REPLIES 16
Werner_1
Super Contributor
What type of analysis do you use to reach these recommendations? The shares that i know that you mentioned are great, but would like to know how you come to this? I am a huge long term supporter!
Harathke
Regular Contributor
I have a rule I stick to: never trust anyone in the market who tells you the returns you will get in the future from their "advice". That is not the way the stock market works, so either the person is a fool and ignorant of this fact or a scam and trying to con you into something. Just my opinion.
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I determine the business value of the organisation, what they are doing that should result in something worthwile and then invest, i will never tell anyone about a price or so, but would say that i believe a certain company has a good future based on their business model and what they're doing, where they're going etc. In that note, I believe in Woolies and Mediclinic over the next 10-20 years. EOH too and Aspen. FirstRand is my bet on banking... just some comments... lets see where it goes.
barry_1
Super Contributor
Rather say in your view, or in your opinion, as you can become liable for any losses on the part of people that read your posts. Obviously you have not read the rules governing the use of this forumite chat posting site!
Not applicable
yes obviously its my view, my personal input, use it dont use it. i believe that because these 3 stocks has entered into the top 40 trakker it will tend to move upwards in a postive direction over the long term. all 3 companies are great value with awesome long term visions for the future. i am banking on 100% growth collectively on all portfolios combined over the next 2 years lets see
AP
Regular Contributor
Luqiewp you are VERY quit about Coal of Africa. What happened? We've speculated a few days ago that you've lost everything on this share...
Mol
Frequent Contributor
As I recall you said it will hit R4 in coming weeks. I think you have still a lot to learn about the stock market
Not applicable
i am up today +R25000 investing in these 4 stocks. i told you guys! but guess you the heros and no it alls. snooze you loose
Not applicable
sorry i am up R98000 on coal for africa. because i bought in early. R4 in coming months is not forseeable - dont be silly, that was just me being optimistic, but def in a few years , i would say 3 years to reach R4!
partridge
Super Contributor
What's "long term" about "2015-2016"?
Werner_1
Super Contributor
It will all depend on the initial capital though? whats the percentage gains?
markeyMark
Contributor
These are great stocks. But before investing I always have to choose between one of the following options: A) Never follow any advice from "luqiewp" B) A C) B
kwagga
Super Contributor
100% Growth in the next two years ? Nonsense. You're looking at history to repeat itself. In case you haven't noticed, QE is over, China is in a bear market and we are still very expensive. Since 24 April we've been making lower highs and lower lows and the all share index is in the process of forming a head and shoulders that if it breaks will take us much lower. It's fine to punt shares, but selling what you think you'll make over the next two years to motivate your picks is rubbish talk. Many fund managers are sitting on the sidelines and putting money away in cash products. They are not buying more "quality shares" because it's simply too expensive.
Not applicable
QE over? So what would you call the $1.2tn being pumped into the world's largest economy (collectively). China bear market? They still have a GDP growth of like 6% - they just have a massive pullback, largely due to reigning in the margins given to traders. Granted, we are staring at a head and shoulders in the making, but it hasn't happened yet, so until we break the 45k level, I am going to assume we are still in a bull run
Not applicable
thanks for advice, but i am learning how to win!!! an i always win. people dont tend to listen always being negative, i guess i should just keep my knowledge to myself and succeed alone. but i wont feel great about that as i want you all to benefit. anyway happy trading cheers