Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Most important chart for an investor

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Super Contributor
And that is why I always apply the 1000 day moving average!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
100% agree, everything is relative.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
But will it always be true when your government is doing its best to bugger up the economy?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Agreed. Just look at the amount of listed companies now compared with 15 years ago. It's a lot less. Still, if you hold quality shares that makes more money outside the borders of this country then inside and you have a 75 year view you're safe. ;-)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
I like it when markets sell off , especially when I have loads cash
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Simon, what would that chart look like in Dollars , just for Koos.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Sure but over 60% of the TOPI value is foreign. Apparently over 60% of revenue earned on our market is too. If this chart were to be USD adjusted, it would look a lot flatter. That said, however, if you had invested in companies that were "emmigrating" - you would have outperformed this chart.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
And on top of the long list of listed shares - - - the metro municipalities are going for a listing in October. Great!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
I not sure we have much difference in listing today vs previous periods in last decade or so
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
The relevance to Simons chart I don't know?? but MSCI South African Index ETF code EZA, Wall street gives a -6% over 5years and +35% over a 10 year period (dollars invested)
0 Kudos