Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Most important chart for an investor

11 REPLIES 11
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
And that is why I always apply the 1000 day moving average!
leepz
Occasional Contributor
100% agree, everything is relative.
Yatagan
Frequent Contributor
But will it always be true when your government is doing its best to bugger up the economy?
kwagga
Super Contributor
Agreed. Just look at the amount of listed companies now compared with 15 years ago. It's a lot less. Still, if you hold quality shares that makes more money outside the borders of this country then inside and you have a 75 year view you're safe. ;-)
Rams
Super Contributor
I like it when markets sell off , especially when I have loads cash
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
Rams
Super Contributor
Simon, what would that chart look like in Dollars , just for Koos.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Sure but over 60% of the TOPI value is foreign. Apparently over 60% of revenue earned on our market is too. If this chart were to be USD adjusted, it would look a lot flatter. That said, however, if you had invested in companies that were "emmigrating" - you would have outperformed this chart.
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
And on top of the long list of listed shares - - - the metro municipalities are going for a listing in October. Great!
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I not sure we have much difference in listing today vs previous periods in last decade or so
warhippo
Super Contributor
The relevance to Simons chart I don't know?? but MSCI South African Index ETF code EZA, Wall street gives a -6% over 5years and +35% over a 10 year period (dollars invested)