Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Moving shares from one platform to another - Switching platforms

Funnymoney
Frequent Contributor
Good day All, Does anyone perhaps know the procedure for moving shares from one platform to another. My partner has her portfolio with FNB and we would like to move it to Std Bank. Std has a far better TFSA portfolio to choose from too. Any feedback welcome! Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
EkisDoep
Frequent Contributor
It is my understanding that one cannot move shares into a TFSA account. I could not even moves ETF's from my Standard Bank trading account into a Standard Bank TFSA. I had to sell them , moved the cash into the TFSA and then buy ETF's from within the TFSA account.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
EkisDoep is correct re TFSA .. but you can move normal accounts. Just open OST account and than tell FNB to transfer, they will charge a fee
Nkalakatha
Not applicable
I'm in the process of doing the same. I sent a message to Standard online and they sent a form that I can send to FNB and then back to them. FNB charges R103 per position held. So if you have 10 shares you'll be charged 103x10.
Funnymoney
Frequent Contributor
Sorry. There seems to be some confusion. I just want to see whether one can move shares bought on the FNB platform to the Std Bank platform? Please ignore the TFSA portion of the original question. I just want my start to start using the Std bank platform as I feel it offers far more. Thanks
SimonPB
Valued Contributor