Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

My stop losses tripped out my shorts

barry_1
Super Contributor
and I sold out most of my knock out warrants at a loss, but I still feel the market has it wrong on Greece as the news this afternoon is sombre
9 REPLIES 9
Russ
Super Contributor
This is a good market to be out of. I am resisting the temptation to get back in.
warhippo
Super Contributor
Agree, very tempting, but Barry may be right here. Question: is Greece such a big issue long term for markets, I am not sure?? If companies have good product with good earnings maybe still something to look at?
WES
Super Contributor
I think this market is very expensive. Interest rate increases, which have to come in USA, will turn this market down. I also don't understand the Greece issue. Greece is very small to the rest of the Euro zone.
barry_1
Super Contributor
The first decline this morning, was well contained, how ever traders and investors will become increasingly nervous as the crises drags on and a certain amount of panic is also likely to occur, I'm selling off shares which I might have kept till after I received divs which in my opinion are not performing up to standard.
klapka
Super Contributor
Markets off 3% to 4% in Europe this morning. That is more panic than the norm.
partridge
Super Contributor
Asking the question "is Greece such a big issue for markets?" is like asking whether you should walk into a tiger's cage - given that you saw him being fed a few minutes ago! Of course its a big issue. And the answer why is pretty obvious why.
barry_1
Super Contributor
barry_1
Super Contributor
Greek default day! I've published my post one day early!
warhippo
Super Contributor
Jury still out there. Hopefully at worst a "healthy" market correction which had to happen. Time will tell and may it remain our friend!