Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Myshares - new site

Bchip
Frequent Contributor
Hi

Welcome back from the holidays, hopefully you had a good rest.

You might have noticed that the website has an exciting new look.
Weve been hard at work during the holidays trying to get everything up and running.
There are still some features we are working on but all round theres a lot of changes.

Besides the look and feel here are some of the changes:
The site has several sections
- Blogging: The site has been split into 2 blogging parts.
(Market blogs and System blogs)
Market blogging are posts on the market, it could be fundamental discussions, technical discussions,
or even investment focused (like property or bonds). Blogs can even just be video posts,
for example all ETC trading club videos have their own posts and all previous videos have been listed.

- System blogging are posts regarding systems trading, results, system ideas, etc

The big kicker on this one is that ANYONE can post. The site is not limited only to my posts anymore.
All posts from anyone will be loaded, however SPAM will not be tolerated.

A future feature will be that whenever a blogger you "follow" makes a new post
then you will be notified via email if you are registered. We are currently still working on this.

There are sections where both courses and events can be posted if a group or company would like to do so.
So far under courses there are only 2 courses loaded both free and both worth every cent.
The courses section also allows a member to give the course a rating, so you can share your experience,
if you think something was worthwhile. We are currently in talks with more traders loading their courses.

Events is a section just to let other traders know about any webinars or
get-togethers, what the logistics are and what the costs are.
8 REPLIES 8
Bchip
Frequent Contributor
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
No real value, no current / real updates and nothing new. Amateurish...IMHO
Not applicable
Thanks, appreciate the feedback.
But considering I dont know of any other site that rates local SA courses, shows different local events and evaluates Algo systems with MQL scripts (even globally), I disagree with you on that one.
But if none of those things interest you then to each his own.
Preston
Super Contributor
You cannot fault a person for trying. Well done BC, this site can only get better from here.
Bchip
Frequent Contributor
Thank you very much.

I do believe a lot of value will come in when more traders
out there get the chance to contribute it will really help benefit the trading society, especially new guys on the market.

Theres such a community in Russia, India, Europe and US, its strange to me that we dont have more of that here in SA.

Thats why I didnt make the site to just contain my blogs, but rather try and get more people involved. Turns out that theres quite a community around.
So far Ive met 2 groups giving courses in Pretoria on the ALSI (which I didnt even know existed); A hedge fund on Forex in Pretoria, Forex funds in Randburg, local guys only bloggin to US citizens, and real algo traders and programmers in Jhb.
(Im trying to get all these guys to list but the site had to get going first).
My question is, why is it so hard to find these people?
Hopefully thats where myshares comes in.
koos2
Super Contributor
Shall have a look, thanks . Btw 1660 looks like a buy on the SP500.
koos2
Super Contributor
'cause information wants to go where it will be guarded and feel safe, it doesnt want to be free. It wants to be disseminated asymmetrically, so it seeks to find those people/ places that can do this for it. Trading community is a misnomer (pareto principle). 5 guys control the volume und ze value. Que outer limits song.
Bchip
Frequent Contributor
Think my view is quite different to you...wont be a buy for a while :P

But going from memory 1450 was a good buying zone.