Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

OST Charts

______
Occasional Contributor
Hi, is anyone else having issues with viewing OST charts? Mine just stopped working and I can't seem to get it working again. I have reloaded Java, and read up on some comments about Chrome not supporting Jave etc... all greek to me. I also cannot get it working on IE or Firefox. Any advice?
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
Mine also not been working for weeks now. Not sure if the latest Java doesn't support the dated Standard Online charting software or what the issue is, but its getting a little frustrating. This problem normally resolved by updating Java, but not anymore. Anyone else have this problem?
Bouwer
Super Contributor
I have started taking my trading elsewhere. This is really frustrating with no support and no reason to believe it will change any time soon. Still keeping my long term investing portfolio with OST.
manere_fortis
Frequent Contributor
I like the IG charts - can make all the annotations you like to display visually where targets etc are. Still trade mostly on OST. With one screen only at my disposal the flick between chart and order to trade is instantaneous - helps to be able to have one last peek at the action before hitting buy or sell
Bouwer
Super Contributor
Opened an account via Meta trader. Feels strange having support phoning me and giving support without having asked a question.
AP
Regular Contributor
I'm receiving auto messages that the Java software will soon not be supported (get this when i upload a chart). I assume this is the problem and I will soon have a similar problem. A few months ago that I've complaint about repeating problems with charts; Standard Bank said that they are aware of the problem and busy moving to new software. No idea when this will be solved though as progress seems extremely slow.
Douw
Frequent Contributor
Java the culprit. The Java people just keep on updating and everytime something else stops working. It seems they can't get it right.