Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Price Charts on Firefox

Blik
Super Contributor
Can anyone give me an idea how I can activate my price charts on my new laptop. I am on Windows 10, and am using either Firefox or Chrome. I understand Java doesn't work on Chrome, but my price charts used to work on my previous laptop - also Windows 10 and Firefox.....??? Any tips or tricks I can try? Am I not doing something obvious?
6 REPLIES 6
Russ
Super Contributor
You are right java doesn't work on chrome. Can't you download internet explorer and then switch to that whenever you use this site? I am not a boff but I know that that will work. The techies here will probably have better suggestions.
Blik
Super Contributor
I can get it work in IE, but IE sucks, and since it worked previously in Firefox, I am struggling to understand why it doesnt now. But I am not IT buff either. I am loathe to give in....lol
klapka
Super Contributor
Assume you have switched java on in your plug-ins on firefox?
Blik
Super Contributor
Yip....tried that and more....installed 32 / 64 bit versions, uninstalled them - reinstalled them....activated Adobe Flash Player...tried the Firefox workarounds - there seems to be forum discussion on this....nada, nix....just cant think why it worked on a basically same laptop two months ago (laptop was nicked) and now doesnt....unless its something simple and obvious I am missing. I'll keep bashing. Shot.
Blik
Super Contributor
Sweet hallelujah......for some reason, uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox (which has been done previously) seems to have worked. I'm stumped why. Tried that....but beee-jaysus, I'm just happy to see my price charts again.....like a lost friend.
jacktar
Occasional Contributor
It works on my latest Firefox 49.0.2 and Windows 10. Previously it worked directly on clicking the PRICE CHARTS button in new window but now you have to enter the share code and after the necessary permissions to run Java, the chart opens in the same window.