Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Property ETF

boing
Frequent Contributor
I only want to invest in TOP40 shares and ETF's. There are 3 prop companies in the TOP40: Capital & Counties, Growthpoint and Ithu. What would be best? Buying into them or rather into a property ETF. If the ETF, which one can you recommend?
2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable
CCO has some merit - but it is crazy expensive with rather poor distribution relative to the industry. Growthpoint and ITU are rubbish - IMO. I have kept a watchlist on the sector since 2012, and these two have grown around 8% vs an industry average of 50%. So your strategy of keeping to the top40 is a bit flawed. If you are worried, why not just get the index trackers Proptrax - a good low risk option as it builds a portfolio out of the top growers. But I would advocate taking a chance with the star performers. Nepi is my top pick - with quality assets in emerging market Europe, Hyprop also a winner - basically I am betting on the Africa growth story, and picking Reits with a strategy for the continent (given South Africa is severely overtraded IMO)
boing
Frequent Contributor
Thanks for the insightful reply skaaptjop.