Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Protea Fire!!!

Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Surely we can defend 298/43. Go gettem boys!
12 REPLIES 12
orange68
Super Contributor
sadly not ...long flight home for sa. dropping easy catches silly mistakes cost us in the end
steve_1
Frequent Contributor
4 possible runouts not taken!!!
Rams
Super Contributor
ja, in the end, they choked...
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Your comment is pathetic.
Blik
Super Contributor
I don't think they choked at all....they were beaten by a team in better form than us and better on the day. Take away AB's brilliance and you have a team with some cracks. Steyn, Amla, Philander and De Kock all certainly not playing to form throughout cup; no true 5th bowling option, injuries etc. This isn't to say we couldn't have won - we could have, but it aint a choke in my book at all.
Bouwer
Super Contributor
Well probably not choked but didn't pay like they can.. 2 definite missed run outs and one missed catch. Steyn probably had an injury but wasn't firing. Dunno why they took Abbot out the team. Was playing quite well before the inclusion of Philander.. Some unfortunate errors in fielding letting a couple of fours slip through.
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
NZ drop 4 uncharacteristic catches/sloppy in the field and we still cannot pull it through. DAMN!!!!....it hurts!!!!
klapka
Super Contributor
One excuse is the rain. It favoured the second team to bat. Telling a team during over 38 they are now only playing to over 43 is a big disadvantage to knowing at over No 1 you are only batting for 43 overs. Other than that we made too many fielding errors.
Rams
Super Contributor
So, final..NZ and India?
mosismoke
Contributor
Why fix it when it is not broken. I think they should have kept Abott. He was firing with all cylinders. But I must say: Do not hang you head boys, you have tried your best. As we say in sport hardy bafana
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
CommentFrom Star Wars..............As the Aliens asked before the Intergalactic games , why the Earthlings said winnings not the all important , but playing the game is (HaHa),then why do you keep score...
Rams
Super Contributor
10 runs from 3 balls...they give away a wide , then a six..... we can safely say the other team did not choke....