Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

R30 000 tax free Call Deposit Account

Lee_1
Frequent Contributor
Has anyone done the homework. Is opening an account with Standard, linked to this OST platform the best, least cost way to take advantage of this opportunity? Simon? I would appreciate your views.
5 REPLIES 5
Lee_1
Frequent Contributor
Its the TFSA accounts Im referring to.
geordie1
Super Contributor
I have not done all my homework yet.I am looking for a property etf with some overseas exposure as I believe this would be a good play over the next 15 to 20 years.I agree cost is critical as the real benefit here is the compounding effect and an extra 1 % charge would seriously dent your return over time.its not for me as I am over 60 so it has come a bit late but certainly for my children it is a no brainer.I am led to believe that costs generally are not excessive but as yet I am not sure I have found what I am looking for.I believe Simon did an article on moneyweb? which is worth a read-if not I am sure it is on his website
Not applicable
STB TFSA costs much lower than standard accounts. However Easy equities even cheaper.
kwagga
Super Contributor
You're already paying a monthly admin fee. Opening an additional TFSA account linked to your current trading accounts will cost you no extra.
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
Easy Equities want u to give your bank details right up front..Not happy with that?...