Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Resource shares

Rams
Super Contributor
Preston
Super Contributor
@Rams, trading opportunity on APN, by going long at current price? Advice?
Rams
Super Contributor
trading APN , short only. Investing APN, long though you can get it cheaper.
Preston
Super Contributor
koos2
Super Contributor
short covering ? The Center Cannot Hold.
Not applicable
its all about the dollar baby - the USD index looks like it has topped out, so the dollar getting weaker. This will be perpetuated by speculation that no further interest rate hikes are on the cards. The knock on effect is great for resources, especially speculative ones like gold an platinum. What you got here is traders trying to get ahead of the curve. Short covering? I seriously doubt it, way too much volume for short covering. Buy rumour, sell fact. And the rumour is the commodities bottom is in.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
There you go, SKAAP - and that is why I have been buying my little heart out - AGL,IMP,LON,HAR even KIO and NHM - when they stop running - I will sell! Then I'll chuck that into REI, IAP etc. and relax for a while. I suspect I'll keep some resource counters since this is probably the beginning of something bigger.
yyy
Occasional Contributor
The next round of resource weakness will be caused by a China and/or Saudi currency devaluation. I.e. when they drop the usd peg. Both are burning through reserves, I would keep that on the radar.
Russ
Super Contributor
I think pullbacks are buyable, at least for a while.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
That could lead to appreciation in the metals and certainly will in the precious metal complex.
Russ
Super Contributor
Nice going on Lon, Threshold.