Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Retirement Planning

Bchip
Frequent Contributor
Latest blog
A strategy and an approach for retirement planning.

http://myshares.co.za/wp/2016/05/30/pennywise-retirement-planning/
5 REPLIES 5
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Real easygoing explanation. Nice!
Bchip
Frequent Contributor
Thank you, really appreciate the feedback.
Not applicable
I'll probably be retiring like twenty years from now, when I'm 45 But great start for planning! First time I read your blog too..great stuff
geordie1
Super Contributor
like the article I am 63 and semi retired-earning/making more money now than I ever did -especially when I was full time working I can see that my income in retirement should be more than enough and in fact exceeds my known needs-I am very blessed -your advice will certainly help if people read it and follow it-unfortunately current evidence suggests they will not-a human failing I battle to comprehend but it is what it is
Bchip
Frequent Contributor
thank you for the comments, really appreciate it.
Congrats on your retirement, not everyone can say they accomplished that. I know too many good people that made bad choices or unfortunate circumstances unfortunately.

I agree with you that I hope more people take some form of planning into consideration, but most wont.

Someone once told me that we never really understand the ripples we create in the pond, so I post these hoping somewhere the ripples help someone down the line.