Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Risky stuff part 2

Not applicable
The_Trader
Frequent Contributor
Skaaptjop, do you think our gold industry is safe with the current government? With the news I've heard about future nuclear power stations being built in SA and the Russians operating it. For all you know the Chinese might be given control over our gold mines and leave us with nothing.
Rams
Super Contributor
Russ, I see your chart patterns , is that risk or opportunity?
Russ
Super Contributor
Could be opportunity big time if it happens!
Russ
Super Contributor
I am already overweight shorts btw.
Rams
Super Contributor
There is still the Greek parliamentary vote to go , with the" no "referendum , could be a sharp but short sell off before the parliamentary decision closer to the 48 000 level. Rate hike still in the mix....so lots opportunity for trades and lots more for investors. I am still overweight in Cash. The Greek or PIGS issue is not risk but opportunity I think
Russ
Super Contributor
Yes, nice to see that they are managing to lift the crippled Greece into a financial wheelchair.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the Chinese don't want our gold mines, heck even Malema doesn't want them any more ..
Russ
Super Contributor
Simon, you have always been bearish about the gold mines and you have been proved right.
The_Trader
Frequent Contributor
OK guys, so what your telling me is that the XL gold cycle is just a myth and that Dr. Roffey is on to something with gold which is not there. All I know about investing or trading is that if something goes down it sure as heck must get up again.
Not applicable
@Trader - if something goes down - there is absolutely no rule to suggest it must go up again. That is why we have stop losses. Because things can keep going down. If you don't believe me - why not study the ABIL share price. Or, since you like gold so mu
Rams
Super Contributor
The Law of Gravity: what goes up , must come down ?
The_Trader
Frequent Contributor
@skaaptjop, point taken on the companies you pointed out. You should still do your homework when investing or trading in a single company share. But will this rule apply to commodities in general like oil and gold?
Russ
Super Contributor
Crunch time. Can topi break through 47500 or is that the right shoulder? Across the seas can the Shanghai stay above 4000 or is that a huge right shoulder? Will the $483bn Chinese bailout do the trick?
The_Trader
Frequent Contributor
Was never interested in gold. But this special year of 2015 it's starting to glitter for me.
Rams
Super Contributor
So, ALSI came off just before 47711, possibly back into the 45000 levels to complete the reverse head and shoulders pattern( Elliot multiple corrective patterns). Lots opportunity coming up.....still overweight in Cash.