Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SBG borrowing shares

Super Contributor
Got a call from a Nick at SBG on Monday arvie asking if they could borrow 11 neweuro shares of mine so they could go short on them , and that it would be for 7 days and that I would be paid R700 for the loan .I agreed . He said they would send me and e mail to sign and give authorisation for the deal. I waited and waited and am still waiting...?????Is this normal practice not the come back either way?....
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Super Contributor
Ok they sent the form today...
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
did you work out if you would have made more by selling your longs and then going short?
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
In '06'07 I held large positions in PAM and ASR and I used to get regular calls to borrow for shorts - the danger, of course, is that you cannot clear your positions if something goes wrong. For me it was a non-starter!
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
They more for long term inv...But they went up in the days between the verbal request to the the e mail received ...maybe now time to short....
0 Kudos