Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SBG

Bouwer
Super Contributor
Anyone else experiencing problems with OST today?
20 REPLIES 20
Vypir
Contributor
It is really bad today. OST was up and down and now Easy Trader is also no feeding real-time data!! It's been like this for hours now.
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
...and layout also adjusted The most consistent column is the Kumba decline! (read Bloomberg about China construction - might never recover)
Vano
Regular Contributor
Same here could not log in at all till now.
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
and one would think they could send an email or sms to their clients.....
geordie1
Super Contributor
me also
Bouwer
Super Contributor
Any one else having trouble with easy trader today?
res
Occasional Contributor
Yip, mine aint working!
Bouwer
Super Contributor
At least there is an alert on the home page today.. Came up a few minutes ago
Vypir
Contributor
I wish they would rewrite this thing. Use HTML 5 or write a stand-alone app. Please!
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
I wish it never comes back up
Vypir
Contributor
The problem that is there today has been on Mozilla Firefox for the last month. I have asked for help but did not get much. Now it behaves exactly the same on Chrome and Internet Explorer. BTW, Chrome and Firefo dropped NPAPI support (basically killing Silverlight) and it has to be manually activated to even connect to Easy Trader.
wetta
Contributor
Easy trader not updating
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
All of a sudden (yesterday)on chrome I need to install Silverlight which I had. Needless to say I un-installed and re-installed to no-avail. It works now intermittently on IE and Firefox. Complaining to IT techies doesn't work, coming form that industry they are a breed on their own with the attitude of stuff you wait till I pull the plug then you will see who's in charge. I am not "gatvol" enough yet, but in time I will make a phone call to Ben Kruger (CEO)'s office and have a person like Mrs Helen Strimling (Senior Customer Services Manager) attend to my problem. Std Bank should realise this is a paying service, we are no doing each other favours here. Some resemblance of professionalism,please.
AP
Regular Contributor
I've also experienced problems with the charting option the past week (on and off). I've just called OST and they've confirmed that they do have a problem. I've registered a formal complaint requesting feedback and improved communication to us as clients (communication is easy to solve; can be done via error message on home page - note i have standard account). Suggest that we all register complaints of issues - this is the only way that they will improve and can make OST aware of client's unsatisfaction as each year they are getting awards, etc. which are giving them a false picture.
Rams
Super Contributor
Yep, no easytrader.
KJR
Frequent Contributor
Have been using Easytrader for a while now, but today cannot launch and says I must install Silverlight. Tried IE and Chrome, same problem, call centre advises they are working on the problem. Any suggestions on resolving this issue.
Bouwer
Super Contributor
Same problem using chrome but it is working on IE. Very annoying...
AP
Regular Contributor
Also have countless problems (and repeats). Issue seems to be related to incompatibilities between Chrome and Java. They are intending changing over to new software to resolve these issues (not sure when, but my take on this is that it could be months from now). Uncertain when the current issues will be resolved.
AP
Regular Contributor
Also have countless problems (and repeats). Issue seems to be related to incompatibilities between Chrome and Java. They are intending changing over to new software to resolve these issues (not sure when, but my take on this is that it could be months from now). Uncertain when the current issues will be resolved.