Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SUI

Russ
Super Contributor
I might as well be playing a one-armed bandit.Still, it's right on support, let's hope I hit a 777 tomorrow.
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable
RUSS just for educational purposes for myself, what gave you the idea that SUI was heading for a jump to the up?
Russ
Super Contributor
Alex17, this share has educated me a bit, and I am still down on it! I bought it on 18 April when it broke out of the down channel it has been in since April 2015.Unfortunately it was very overbought on the daily rsi and sto at that point and it promptly started coming down. On 9 May it touched a rising support line which has formed since its low of 1 March 2016. On 23 and 24 May it touched that support again. In addition it was more or less on the support line (previously resistance) of its long term down trend which I mentioned earlier (when a share breaks out above resistance, that resistance line then becomes a support level). I therefore felt that it was on quite a strong support (two supports in fact)and had also in the meantime become a bit oversold on the daily rsi and sto. The other thing I liked was the weekly chart because since the high on 18 April the share price has dropped but the weekly rsi and sto has been going up-this is called a positive divergence and is bullish.I believe that it is now in a symmetrical triangle that has formed in the last 5 weeks or so. It is just nudging up against the upper resistance of that triangle now so needs to move up a bit to take off again. Because of the positive divergence on the weekly chart I think it will do so sooner or later, but nothing is certain!
Not applicable
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation Russ I really appreciate it. I had SUI earlier this year and took a small profit just before it fell, but I will keeping my eye on it for that possible turn to the down side.