Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sasol : So who made money on this one in the past 2 days?

Werner_1
Super Contributor
For many weeks I was doubting my thoughts on Sasol, but a little wile ago I actually bought some CFD's because I thought it was quite low and believe that oil will recover during the year... In the last 2 days it made me quite happy, lets see where it goes now. Who of you made money off this one?
8 REPLIES 8
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
SOL is my biggest holding in my long term portfolios, so if anything I should have gone short to hedge my investment, but you know what they they say about hind sight. Went long on BIL, KIO and NED, so far this year and are all presently dark green. Also long on PPC however one is pink and the other contract bright red. Overall very good start to the year.
Werner_1
Super Contributor
This year has been a great start for me too!
Vypir
Contributor
Bought CFDs at R360, sold at just below R470 - Awesome! I believe the Oil price rise is an overreaction by a market that really wants to believe that the oil over production is going to reduce very soon... My guess, Oil will slowly go down again... I will be buying back into Sasol at that time - the market seems to value Sasol directly against the oil price which allows for a couple of seconds warning :-). I believe this valuation to be flawed, but we'll only know more about the real situation when they declare interim on March 9th. In the mean-time: Smile and Wave boys, Smile and Wave!
Galuc
Super Contributor
Holding Sol call warrants that have doubled, I don't usually get it right with warrants so I am itching to sell!
Russ
Super Contributor
After being way down a couple of weeks ago I managed to sell today at a decent profit. I will get in again if we get a decent pullback. Still holding bil and agl.
Rams
Super Contributor
I have SOL in a trading portfolio for a move to about 700, not derivative and no stop losses and no time limit. Same with BIL with a move to about 400.
Russ
Super Contributor
I was tempted to get back in today but am a bit nervous about the gaps further down on the daily chart. Also overbought on the daily chart. Agree that it looks good long term.
Vypir
Contributor
If you actively watch Sasol - it is good to actively watch Brent Crude. www.investing.com has nice charts and you can add Sasol (JSE) and Sasol (NYSE) on the same chart...