Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community


Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sassol

Reply
Not applicable
When would be the right time or entry level to short sassol
0 Kudos
Reply
12 REPLIES 12
Super Contributor
2 Months ago..
0 Kudos
Reply
Super Contributor
Immediately before the share price drops.
0 Kudos
Reply
Super Contributor
@ Sam-u-will, there is nobody that can tell with 100% certainty what a share will do today, next week or next year. So the answer to your question from everybody will a calculated guess. Well what do you think Sasol will do next week and why? then decide
0 Kudos
Reply
Super Contributor
Well maybe the forum can provide some guidance...macro things to look at might be Rand/Dollar and oil price....if you watch those and can call those then those will impact on Sasol's price...but as Prancing Horse said...no one really knows.
0 Kudos
Reply
Frequent Contributor
Oil analysts saying Brent will climb to $70 and then fall back to an average price of $60 for 2015
0 Kudos
Reply
Super Contributor
2 daily red candles trading below 21 EMA will be time to go short , but make use of your stop loss, at high of green candle just before the Red candle....you have a 30 % chance of being right so adjust your ratio of risk reward to 1: 3. Most important , be comfortable with the 70% risk 
0 Kudos
Reply
Regular Contributor
A "short" is almost the worst trade unless you really know what is going on. More short trades fail than long trades.
0 Kudos
Reply
Super Contributor
Although the forum can probably provide good micro to macro reason why it would be a good reason to go short or long for that matter, providing points of entry for a short is not a great idea. Seeking to confirm your personal bias on any forum could be disastrous. I have got the T-Shirt btw as I am sure other people have as well. I can probably suggest a pretty simple system, use a 21/7 EMA cross over to time long/short positions, Rams has a different system although both systems could work, it does not mean that it will fit in with how Sa wants to trade...
0 Kudos
Reply
Frequent Contributor
Checkout Standard banks short recommendation with a target price of R400
0 Kudos
Reply
Not applicable
the students of chart patterns will tell you that Sasol has broken out of a reverse head and shoulders, so up would be the way to go. My personal 2c worth is that markets are inherently biased to the long side, so short trading on stocks is a losers game. Unless you bring fundamentals into the picture. In Sasol's case, I see no reason to short the stock. Sasol is influenced by the oil price, for sure, but not entirely. On the one side, cheaper oil means less margin for its product (GTL) but on the other hand, it translates to lower input costs for its plastics and specialty chemicals business. The big problem for Sasol is that it has had to shelve its US GTL plans - so it is left with little or no plans to wow the analysts into rerating. So not a long for me - but not the kind of company that is worth shorting
0 Kudos
Reply
Regular Contributor
sbk's price targets mean nothing....I have noticed how wrong they are and I don't follow them. goldman sachs price target for crude in h2 is back at 90-100$...the new on stream crude suppliers have now dried up so the market isn't going to be flooded like they thought...so watch out going short...like the other guys have said the short is long gone.
0 Kudos
Reply
Super Contributor
It might pull back a bit but if you short make sure you have a stop in place at about 49200.
0 Kudos
Reply