Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Stock Picks 2016

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Here is a copy of the ADVICE that you offered:" The most important advice I can give you is to sit tight and wait for the sizable market correction that is coming our way. All indicators point toward a bear market trend in 2016. Keep yourself liquid and wait for the buying opportunities - exercise extreme caution and patience. The first big correction is not usually the last and markets will drift lower and lower throughout most of 2016. My advice would be to target those shares that are ZAR proof - companies with a vast majority of their operations offshore and their income in hard currencies. Without wishing to give you investment advice, in my opinion gold shares are looking attractive, in particular SGL and ANG.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Now that I have exposed you for the liar that you are... please - go away!
Vince888
Regular Contributor
SNV, ACG, ADI, AFT and KAP
striker
Super Contributor
You are one demented and deranged individual. Kindly point out exactly where in that post you come to your liar accusation and conclusion. In fact your cut and paste of my post is most useful and validates everything I said. Firstly the market has entered a bear phase and is likely to experience an ongoing and sizeable correction. As appalled as you were at my suggestion thereof, it was a spot on call.Secondly my two stock picks have since then done the following: ANG - UP - 13% SGL - UP - 19% Instead of rebuking me , you may find it more profitable in future to heed my stock picks. You might also have noticed I prefaced my stock picks with the claim as follows; ' without wishing to give you any investment advice ' But clearly you are not someone with a balanced, prudent or objective nature ,judging by your continuous vexatious attacks on others - indeed you are totally blinded by rage , malice and antagonism , you sad little hypocrite.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
You are vile! There is no hypocrisy in evidence (Even if there were... well so what?) Your shouting it does not make it so. On the other hand - you directly said that you ADVISED and offered "ADVICE" over and over again. How do you deny this? Are you delusional? You don't like it when I produce proof! All of the lying and insults in the world change nothing. You sir, are a liar. The length of your response shows I have struck a cord!
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Now let me explain - You claimed that I had offered advice and by so doing was a hypocrite. I responded that I had not offered advice. You then came back at me with some nonsense about how your original post (which I reproduced in case you needed to reference it) amounted to the same thing as my post - so you had clearly not offered advice and I was a hypocrite. READ your post and tell me how this is so! Perhaps you forgot what you posted - then be man enough to admit it!
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Your stock picks might have had a disclaimer - but the preceding advice most certainly did NOT! I am not interested in the nature of the advice - merely in the fact that it is ADVICE!
koos2
Super Contributor
Dont ya just love handbags und lipsticks at noon.
IAM
Contributor
Back to the topic at hand, Threshold, I see most of your pics are property companies. Any particular reason for this given the current economic climate or do you just like them all as companies?
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Fair enough - but I wouldn't hold the same size position in each. At this point - they are just a fairly conservative way of getting out of the rand. I don't see much happening with interest rates in a hurry in Europe so there's that. I like the prospects for OZ on a commodity recovery. I like the non ZAR dividend. These are also very specific property picks. Each has something interesting going for it (I know - "don't they all...?") They are SA listed offshore assets. Their operations and assets are outside SA and their registered office is outside SA. I am hoping that the demand for non ZAR assets in SA will buffer these stocks and reduce their correlation with overseas property companies in a pullback.