Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Stock Picks 2016

Quakedog
Super Contributor
Hi Guys What are the top 5 stock picks for 2016? RFG Banks? Miners? Naspers?
29 REPLIES 29
TAKR
Contributor
ADH, ACG, RFG, COH, EOH, in that order.
geordie1
Super Contributor
Preston
Super Contributor
MTN,OML,FSR, AND 40% in CASH
DrBr
Occasional Contributor
My call is, ADI, ARA, TDH, WHL, Cash
koos2
Super Contributor
cash in ront/peso/zim$?
AP
Regular Contributor
ADI, RFG, ROC, NEPI, CCO, DBXEU, DBXJP...
geordie1
Super Contributor
rand and sterling
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Preston - Cash, as in your trading account?
kwagga
Super Contributor
Newgold, Astoria, Sibanye, Northam Plats, Selection of DBX ETF's
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Locally: MSP, REI, IAP, SRE, and here's a real punt since I hate the industry - IMP for a short term recovery of maybe a year.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Locally: MSP, REI, IAP, SRE, and here's a real punt since I hate the industry - IMP for a short term recovery of maybe a year.
Not applicable
not a Platinum fan - but sure, the possibility of a recovery is there - but would you rather not bet on a plat stock that doesn't have Zimbabwe exposure - like Northam?
Preston
Super Contributor
I use IG market for my trading purpose. SBK is purely for investments purposes and 40% cash is for investment bargains, i.e If Kwagga prediction is correct, then I will be a buyer of APN at R246 level.
kwagga
Super Contributor
you mean Implats...
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
IMP has been trading at a 75% discount to NAV (for what it's worth) NHM is at her NAV. ZIM is neither here nor there at this point - I think SA is just about as bad! I'm worried about NHM's capital commitments on some huge projects going forward - her single mine has a finite life. Just going with the biggest name in the game WITH a strong balance sheet. Have no interest in sticking around to see NHM realise her ambitions. Shouldn't really touch these things since I can't see a clear picture of the future for platinum in a world of electric engines / I see no future for SA Inc. / I think miners are a nonsense business model! That said - if platinum runs - NHM will also run!
koos2
Super Contributor
Non sub-prime-za und non-resi.
striker
Super Contributor
Priceless ! - coming from this individual who just days ago was chastising all and sundry for offering investment advice. What a first class hypocrite . And the retribution and response will no doubt be swift and vicious.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Clown, there is no advice here - that is the list of what I would have a dip at and the reasons. Wake up and make your comments meaningful.
striker
Super Contributor
So in other words no different to what I was posting . But then a hypocrite has those very traits.