Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TBS

JulzM
Regular Contributor
Tiger Brands has experienced a steep drop past few days,any thoughts?Would R300 be a good entry point?
7 REPLIES 7
JulzM
Regular Contributor
Analyst media consensus has a buy recommendation..
delta
Occasional Contributor
Tiger Brands made a huge blunder with Dangote and the share is taking punishment because of that and there is the obvious devaluation of the Naira. I would thing R300 is a good entry point.
delta
Occasional Contributor
Tiger Brands made a huge blunder with Dangote and the share is taking punishment because of that and there is the obvious devaluation of the Naira. I would thing R300 is a good entry point.
JulzM
Regular Contributor
Was thinking the same thing,tiger has dropped below R307 support level!Doubt it will drop much further below R300!Thanks for the feedback
partridge
Super Contributor
Its growth in share price over the last three or so years has exceeded inflation point to point by about 3 % pa. Rubbish value. I just don't see margins re- emerging in this business.. at 280 I thought it was expensive. They were sold a pup by the Nigerians. Why are we not surprised- after all 10% of their oil production is stolen at source(ref Economist )
kwagga
Super Contributor
Agreed. Dangote flour mills were a dud. They have almost written off all of that investment. Poor management decision to venture in Nigeria. This would drop to 280 in a blink of an eye. I wouldn't buy this at these levels.
AJ_
Contributor
why did it take this long for the price to drop? My alarm bells started ringing as soon as first sens report on Dangote some months back. what surprised me was the share price picking up since that date and it only in the past 90 days that the price began to fall.