Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TFSA

FEK
Super Contributor
Hi there, please can I have advice/opinion on which is best EFT to buy when utilizing the R30k for the tax free saving account thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
geordie1
Super Contributor
its always tricky to give advice as each person is different and each persons situation is unique and therefore its not possible to suit everyone-my daughter asked me for advise and I told her my view-it seems to me shares all over are relatively expensive.it appears to me that rand is probably going to devalue over the long term as it has done historically.it appears to me that SA economy is at best going sideways.Overseas does not look amazing and apart from rand depreciation is marginally more attractive than our home market.Fairly negative so in these circumstance I would try to find a proerty etf with some overseas exposure if such an animal exists.
Cedric_1
Contributor
I've been using global funds, specifically DBXUS, DBXWD and DBXJP for the last 6 months. 45% is in US but JP is my preference at this moment in time. I will double up the total on March 1st but in what i can't say until that day. Maybe europe will be back in favour.