Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TFSA

FEK
Super Contributor
Hi there, please can I have advice/opinion on which is best EFT to buy when utilizing the R30k for the tax free saving account thanks.
10 REPLIES 10
Yatagan
Frequent Contributor
I would go for the DBX WD, but that's just my opinion..Esposure to many worldwide shares, so probably less risky than others.
kwagga
Super Contributor
2015 performance: DBXJP +43.11%, DBXUS +33.24%, DBXWD +31.16%, DBXEU +26.60%, DBXUK +22.67%. SA Top40 +4.2%, SA Allshare +1.9%
Russ
Super Contributor
Thanks for that info Kwagga. All the offshore ones have done well and will continue to do so as the rand weakens.
FEK
Super Contributor
Thanks guys, can I change ETF's during the course of the year (buy one after selling the one that I initially bought)
EkisDoep
Frequent Contributor
My understanding is that as long as you keep it inside the TFSA, you can trade as many times as you wish. I also want add this year's allowed amount to mine. Currently have DBXUS and DXWD (in separate accounts). Trying to decide what to buy. Fancy DBXJP.
kwagga
Super Contributor
You can buy and sell EFT's in that account as you please as long as you stick to the basic rules. I do however see that in Canada there were some issues regarding traders using their TFSA accounts as trading accounts, so my advice would be to try and limit the amount of transactions you do on an annual basis in this account. You don't want to wake up too many sleeping dogs.
kwagga
Super Contributor
One more EFT to consider in 2016 Newgold ETF. Up 18.95% in 2016 and broken from a multi year consolidation pattern.
kwagga
Super Contributor
I see you can't trade Newgold in your TFSA account....:-(
Not applicable
Yip. No commodity ETF in TFSA. Pity, but probably better so for the majority of people this product is designed for.
FEK
Super Contributor
Done, bought R30k of DBXJP, lets see how this goes, will probably buy DBXUS after February this year........