Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Technical Analysis

Not applicable
I am a South-African living overseas and very interested in learning more about technical analysis. I am 7 hours ahead of SA and when i go home it is 9 am SA time which makes trading a real possibility as I will have the time. I have been pretty successful buying vanilla shares and so I am not a total newbie, but I would really appreciate any guidance, thoughts of where to start. Thanks so much in advance! Phil
2 REPLIES 2
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
My 10 cents.....Start small (very) , get used to losing. Stay away from CFD's / forex trades. Trade the index and not individual shares. For SA - learn from these guys....(the BEST SA credibility) http://www.justonelap.com/default.asp Good luck.
Bouwer
Super Contributor
Starting out copy a moving average system from someone.. Simon has a nice lazy system and there are a couple of others on his site. Reason I suggest MA system is that if you don't have the discipline to stick to a moving average system, you are going too loose more than you should using other technical indicators.