Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

There is a storm brewing out there

Not applicable
So, Bernie won't endorse Hillary (yet), The Donald is making friends, the UK doggedly sticking to its brexit vote, Italian banks in upheaval, China economy looking shaky (and largely reflected in the Shanghai stock exchange, which is looking like it wants to break downward). And we are in the crazy f-d up situation where a good job report number, means a good US economy, means actually bad for markets because it will encourage a rate lift. Wonder how much more of this markets can withstand ?
4 REPLIES 4
kwagga
Super Contributor
That's what you get if you pump trillions of $ into the US & EU market to prevent the economy to follow it's normal shake out route. Now we have this superficial unstable situation we need to deal with that could have dire consequences over a longer period.
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
You can only shift the deck chairs of the Titanic around so much and in the mean time the rounded top on the S$P500 just keeps on developing.
geordie1
Super Contributor
tend to agree.been investing for decades now and I have never been so bearish as now.for me and at my age cash is me preferred investment for the time being.i cannot see any real growth and we appear to be stagnating .i have not totally cashed in but I have never had a higher cash component in my portfolio.while i cannot predict future all the signs are sideway or a drop.
Rams
Super Contributor
Toxic, perfect trading conditions. Investing, well we want to buy quality at cheap prices.