Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Top 40 break thru 47 200?

manere_fortis
Frequent Contributor
Where are we going from here? Top 40 range-bound 45 400 to 47 200 this year, high in place since last June. Are we going to follow Europe and the East higher on a liquidity turbo, and burst through, or do some of the political threats (Greece, Russia, ISIS?) or some other dark cloud put the brakes on? Views please
7 REPLIES 7
Rams
Super Contributor
i still think 50 000 in May, then a correction...
Rams
Super Contributor
If we get to 48000 today, will be looking to take some profit on shares like SHP, CFR, Vodacom...and rest on 50 000.
manere_fortis
Frequent Contributor
Thanks, Rams, for your contribution, I am always glad to know what you are thinking. Be great if your 48000, then 50000 is realised, but I wonder, somehow. The breakout a few days ago from falling wedge had 47450 target, which has been reached. Another negative day tomorrow, then some more sideways trade....? Or strongly up from here? We will soon know. (I took some money off the table, but this scary-pants will have to admit that was on Friday already)
Rams
Super Contributor
Based on Elliot wave, end of wave C down was on 26/03/2015...we have taken out the previous high of wave A on Monday. We just need a good close above previous high for pattern to be confirmed and 48 000 will be a good level before another retrace and rally to 50 000. I agree about the uncertainties and taking profits if its part of the strategy, I am also taking part profits around 48000(not far now, ECB today?) and keeping some until 50 000.
Rams
Super Contributor
48000 and more, its time...
sponono
Super Contributor
((31393-11250)/11250)*31393=
manere_fortis
Frequent Contributor
48 000 - Nicely Rams!