Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Zooooooooooom

sponono
Super Contributor
looks like the Kangaboy has finally stabbed the market right in its balls.
4 REPLIES 4
Russ
Super Contributor
It could get worse: See http://www.moneyweb.co.za/moneyweb-opinion/south-africa-the-runaway-train/ "But does the average investor fully understand the consequences of an investment downgrade? Does the average investment adviser? Or fund manager? Let me stick my neck out and make a forecast. A downgrade to junk status by two of the three major ratings agencies could wipe 20-30% off the market capitalisation of the JSE, drop the rand to R18-20 against the US dollar and force the Reserve bank to raise interest rates sharply. It might be forced into s*****ping the foreign investment allowance, seeing that the outflow of foreign investments (up to R24 billion in the third quarter) is busy spiking. Also this is just a matter of time if current trends continue. Two countries have had their credit ratings dropped to junk in recent times: Brazil and Russia. Go and have a look at what happened to their financial markets, currencies and domestic economies subsequent to the downgrades for a trailer of what could be".
davy101
Contributor
The rand is getting buggered so fast right now!
Namib
Contributor
Billiton down 2% in London as well as yesterday....only thing that seems to prop it in SA is the sliding Rand? Quite frustrating as I am short on Bil..!
koos2
Super Contributor
Wouldnt it be good? ( To buy the ), the extended remix.