Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

craziest gap close I have ever seen

Not applicable
A 1000 pt gap close - that has to be some sort of record. I have never seen anything that crazy before
6 REPLIES 6
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Not applicable
resource rallies - can't be trusted. They tend to be phenomenally volatile. 7% up on BIL today - for what - a 0.3% increase in the oil price?
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Nope- an alternative to the UK Pound - diversified currency income streams are the order of the day. An obvious concomitant read on a reinvention of the American industrial complex - is a systematic devaluation of the dollar. More specific to this sector though, is the shifting attention from interest rates to currencies - perhaps this will be the new race to zero. If that is the case - commodities will benefit hugely and precious metals are the trade of this generation. I have begun to rebuild my precious metals stocks.
Russ
Super Contributor
Keep an eye on exx. In a big symmetrical triangle. Needs to break above 10800 to get going. Had a false breakout this morning. I think the longer term chart looks good.
Not applicable
what we seem to be witnessing here is a battle for cash to be put somewhere. This is not a rally across broad sectors. The DJIA is up at all time highs, but it is the only one. DAX and NIKKEI threatening all time highs, and so is the S&P - but it is a lot more circumspect. China is reportedly now the worlds largest economy, and its stock exchanges are showing a completely different picture to US stock optimism. Pessimistic stuff -:(. What we can say for certain is that The Donald can't keep his mouth shut. He is going to say some wild and woolly things over the course of the next 4 years, and we can expect some seriously volatile swings in markets as a result.
Russ
Super Contributor
Next resistance 114 which is the neckline of a reverse H and S. After that blue sky. I expect it won't break through too easily.