Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

long term investing

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Topi - 24008 5years ago und Topi tody maybe 43000-43500 or less. Rand - 7.1866 5years ago und Rand tody maybe 13. so in usd terms you didnt do nada except get divi (15% tax) und pay cgt (15%) tax. Any thoughts other than it is dead und it be a scam?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super Contributor
how would that analysis look if you used the ALSI though? or the Industrial and Financial Indexes. I think the gold and mining industry in general is a drag on the TOPI right now.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Koos needs some counseling ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
ok u can always find a negative view if you want to have a glass half full.5 years ago I needed divs to survive and feed my family and the divs have increased by above inflation and today my divs feed my family plus a bit more.my overseas investments have appreciated significantly mostly but not solely on the back of a depreciating rand-I am truly blessed that I took up long term investing as my sole form of income some 19 years ago and look forward to retirement with confidence.glass half full
0 Kudos