Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

long term investing

koos2
Super Contributor
Topi - 24008 5years ago und Topi tody maybe 43000-43500 or less. Rand - 7.1866 5years ago und Rand tody maybe 13. so in usd terms you didnt do nada except get divi (15% tax) und pay cgt (15%) tax. Any thoughts other than it is dead und it be a scam?
3 REPLIES 3
Werner_1
Super Contributor
how would that analysis look if you used the ALSI though? or the Industrial and Financial Indexes. I think the gold and mining industry in general is a drag on the TOPI right now.
Rams
Super Contributor
Koos needs some counseling ?
geordie1
Super Contributor
ok u can always find a negative view if you want to have a glass half full.5 years ago I needed divs to survive and feed my family and the divs have increased by above inflation and today my divs feed my family plus a bit more.my overseas investments have appreciated significantly mostly but not solely on the back of a depreciating rand-I am truly blessed that I took up long term investing as my sole form of income some 19 years ago and look forward to retirement with confidence.glass half full