Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

lonmin

Frogg
Frequent Contributor
Anybody want to share thier views on wha they feel lonmin price action will be today
11 REPLIES 11
BullsnBears
Contributor
Down another 5 - 10%
kwagga
Super Contributor
Forget about this share and company. It's as good as bust.
Russ
Super Contributor
My guess would be up 5% at the open and down about 12% at the close.
Preston
Super Contributor
Russ,my guess is that there will be -17% intraday move on this share.
Russ
Super Contributor
and still going down.
babz
Contributor
is it halted??
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
Kwagga any other good advice for us today
BullsnBears
Contributor
It's pointless even looking at this stock. This company is over. Even if it survives (highly unlikely) it will be a shadow of it's former self. Assets will be sold off and the Lonmin name will pass into the history books. This is what rigid labour laws and dominant unions do to business. Mathunjwa, it seems your 6 month strike was nothing more than a pyrrhic victory. Congratulations on destroying this company. Somehow I doubt they will change tack.
kwagga
Super Contributor
My twitter handle is @kooskanmar Lots of tweets there. This forum is a little behind the curve.
Preston
Super Contributor
Mathunjwa, may have won the battle but you have seriously lost the war. Lonmin must close it doors. This is a way of seriously discrediting Mathunjwa.
BullsnBears
Contributor
Unfortunately Mathunjwa is not alone in this. The entire union movement is destroying this economy. This is only the beginning. It's sickening how South Africa missed out completely on the biggest resource boom in the history of civilization simply because of bad laws and too-powerful unions. Talk about lost opportunities. And now the fruit of this government's policies are coming down to bear.