Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

resources bounce

manere_fortis
Frequent Contributor
This resource dead cat has been eating a lot of rubber!
4 REPLIES 4
warhippo
Super Contributor
Still struggle to understand how these stocks are priced, but happy for share holders if they run. (I always say to myself not to forget that these companies still feed lots of hungry people by providing so many jobs.. probably not in itself a reason to buy them, but time will tell again)
Vince888
Regular Contributor
Dont forget to mention also how many people also lost their jobs
barry_1
Super Contributor
Yes unfortunately those left in mining jobs seem ungrateful and seem to want unreasonable increases, which if met will lose them their jobs as well!
manere_fortis
Frequent Contributor
Ja, this has become a bit of a hobby horse for me. Many miners (and others) earn good salaries, but don't take much of it home. Unscrupulous credit retailers and usurous money lenders to blame. Many SA businesses fingered including Edgars MPC and CPI. This is what brought on Marikana and is the backdrop to the looming gold sector wage negotiations. The level of indebtedness of the poorest is a ticking bomb. Solution is not easy, but education of the poorest about pitfalls of borrowing would be a start. I am talking to those I can influence.