Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

sasol

log
Occasional Contributor
Why is sasol so down today?
9 REPLIES 9
BlueDolphin
Frequent Contributor
Goto the share, Information, tools and links and then Company News
Galuc
Super Contributor
Cutting their dividend and there goes my warrants, what a klap!
The_Trader
Frequent Contributor
Sasol dropping like a hot cake. Comes in very handy if your short.
Vypir
Contributor
Got my laptop stolen yesterday, by the time I could trade, my stop losses had come and gone and I missed the short... CFDs can hurt quite badly if you don't keep an eye on them
The_Trader
Frequent Contributor
So true. That's why I like to follow Mr. Mackenzie's strategy of a manual stop loss. Very risky, like when your laptop gets stolen. But at this stage its working for me.
The_Trader
Frequent Contributor
And Ive got the tablet to bail me out in case the laptop gets stolen.
Vypir
Contributor
I also use manual stop loss but I always have a safety net far below just in case. Was sitting at 480 and my protection was at 450 so at least it helped a little. Tablet got liberated last year... I will go cry in the corner a bit :-)
Rams
Super Contributor
Stops on ALSI did not trigger yesterday, had to do it manually .....and seems ALSI traded until about 6.30 pm!
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
New dividend policy - read SENS announcement. This company will have to get its act together and rid itself from its suicidal bureaucratic managerial and compliance structure.