Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

something new for a change: what do you guys trade on?

orange68
Super Contributor
what hardware do you guys use to trade with? laptops , desktops, all in ones. tablets? multiple monitors? ive recently upgraded to two imacs (futures and forex)and a lenovo laptop for random browsing.
10 REPLIES 10
J12
Frequent Contributor
I don't need much computing power to do my trades because I look at fundamentals. Just have an entry level laptop and sometimes I use the app on my iPad just to check certain things. Personally, I would rather take the money and buy more shares than buy an extra laptop.
orange68
Super Contributor
fair point, fortunately for its a business expense so and im the opposite, purely technical.
Not applicable
Orange, I seem to recall that you are using Metastock eod? I have missing days in some of my charts, do you know how to recover?
Not applicable
Orange, I seem to recall that you are using Metastock eod? I have missing days in some of my charts, do you know how to recover?
Rams
Super Contributor
desktop when at home, IPAD when away from home and IPHONE when in ....toilet.
orange68
Super Contributor
haha rams good one, im not sure joch, ive not had any problem perhaps contact the source of your data feed and see what route they may have for you to try
Preston
Super Contributor
Rams, you are the man with many multiports!
leoridge
Contributor
Lenovo i3 with dual monitor for Swordfish alsi,OST for shares/cfd's, and browsing ,handles 4 open tabs ok on Firefox.10" Windows tablet for backup.
orange68
Super Contributor
how are the windows tablets? ive never had the chance to use them, been a faithful android addict unfortunately
leoridge
Contributor
Very good as long as you go for 32 GB plus as Windows 8.1/10 does not yet allow app storage on the sd card, faster than my laptop.